Welcome to WordPress. This is your first post.
How Can You Improve Web Site Traffic?
Everyone in internet marketing is searching for ways to improve web site traffic.
It is the juice that keeps your online business alive.
While it’s true that competition is fierce when it comes to traffic, it is also true that there are several effective ways of doing so. Some are expensive and some are inexpensive (or even free) so you can choose the ways that fit your time and budget.
Keep in mind that generating traffic is an ongoing process and that there are constantly new ways to do so on the fast-paced web.
Where Do I Start?
First of all, before you start looking for ways to actually go out and find traffic, make sure that your website is set up so that traffic can find you.
In order to do this, you must have a properly SEOed site.
SEO (search engine optimization) is a way to get the search engines to like you. And if the search engines like you, they will reward you by moving you up in search rankings. And if they move you up in search rankings, you will get more traffic to your site.
On the contrary, if the search engines don’t like you, they will even penalize you and move you down in ranking.
What is this SEO?
The concept is simple, but the practice is more complicated.
SEO is basically comprised of two elements:
- keyword optimization and back links or incoming links. The search engines determine how relevant your site is based on the keywords that you use in its content. So, if you place the keywords that you are trying to target in the right places, and the appropriate frequency (not too much and not to little), then you are off to a good start to improve your web site traffic.
- Back links are even more important when it comes to SEO. Search engines use back links to determine how popular you are. A back link simply means a link from another site (ideally a highly-ranked site) to your site. When search engines realize that other quality sites are linking to yours, they will reward you by raising you in ranking. This is because they assume that your site must be worthy if others are linking to you.
There are many ways to get back links to your site:
- social bookmarking,
- article submission,
- website directory submission,
- manually requesting the links from webmasters, and, of course,
- the most natural and essential way, of just providing unique and valuable content on your website.
- This will ensure that others will link to you because they genuinely find your site appealing and would recommend it to their visitors as well.
- You can go through the SEO process yourself or you can hire an adept SEO professional to make sure that this important aspect is taken care of.
Plus, there are some marvelous plugins that will do most of the work for you.
So, What Else Do I Need To Do?
- There are many other ways to improve web site traffic and they include promoting your website link on:
- relevant online forums,
- in blogs,
- with PPC (pay-per-click) advertising (as indicated this isn’t free!),
- online classified advertising, There are several that are free…just Google it!
- ezine advertising,
- article marketing, and more.
They all work and they all work well.
I hope you’ve enjoyed this short journey down the SEO for Bloggers lane. Just to jog your memory or get you to thinking, if you are new and need a few pointers….
Till next time,